Based: Ayr Office
Hours: 35 per week
The role of Principal Designer is to plan, manage, monitor and coordinate health and safety in the pre-construction phase of a project. As part of the CDM Team you will learn this profession from highly experienced and motivated experts, work as part of a bespoke team, work across all construction sectors, gain new skills and build a wide-ranging folio of work. This is a great opportunity to join our team of experts working on exciting and high-profile construction projects throughout the UK.
- Carrying out the role of Principal Designer in compliance with CDM regulations
- Coordinating and monitoring designers in compliance with CDM regulations
- Attending design team meetings, progress meetings, and other meetings
- Carrying out site audits to assess health & safety compliance
- Working to specific deadlines, ensuring efficiency and good time management
- Supporting your allocated mentor and senior team members
- Undergoing training to ensure any areas of limited skill and knowledge are addressed.
- Educated to a degree level or above in a construction or safety related vocation
- Ability to work across multiple projects
- Understanding of the principles of prevention and risk elimination, reduction and control
- Knowledge of CDM and other associated regulations
- NEBOSH construction certificate or similar (desirable, but not essential)
- Understanding of the process of a construction project from inception to completion
- Construction industry experience (desirable, but not essential).
- 26 days annual leave
- Private healthcare
- Stakeholder pension available
- Competitive salary offered in line with experience and qualifications.