CDM (Scotland) Limited respect and value the importance of keeping your personal data private and secure. We are committed to protecting your rights to ensure information is secure, that we are transparent about how we collect your data and how we meet our data protection obligations in terms of the General Data Protection Regulations.
We do not collect or retain any personal data we do not need and only use the information you provide us with for the reasons listed below.
What personal data do we collect?
We collect and processes a range of information including:
- your name, company address and contact details, including email address and telephone number;
- details of your company bank account;
- your home address, date of birth and NI number where you have attended a training course with us.
How do we collect personal data?
We collect information by e-mail, written correspondence and telephone communication:
- directly from you, your company or from other parties in connection with an ongoing contract;
- directly from you or your company in relation to an enquiry about our services;
- directly from you if you have supplied us with a service or product;
- directly from you when attending a training course.
What do we do with this personal data?
We use information to:
- communicate with you in relation to ongoing projects, provision of services or products;
- provide you with information about our services;
- pass on to enforcing authorities or accredited bodies when required;
- keep you updated with advice and current legislation.
How do we store this personal data?
We store this information securely to prevent unauthorised access:
- in locked cabinets if in hard copy format;
- on computer on a secure server maintained by a UK third party.
Why do we process personal data?
We process this information:
- to carry out service requirements and fulfil contractual duties;
- to make and receive payments as per agreed terms;
- o make you aware of our services and any updates to them;
- to respond to and defend against legal claim.
Who has access to personal data?
Personal data is shared with the various and relevant departments within our company in relation to performance of their contracted roles and duties.
We may share your data with other parties directly involved in the same contracted project.
We may share your data with government bodies and enforcing authorities to comply with statutory obligations.
We may distribute it as required by law or in the course of a contractual arrangement in connection with an ongoing project.
We will not sell your personal data to third parties under any circumstances.
How do we protect your data?
We take data security very seriously and have internal policies and controls in place to do our best to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed or accessed by unauthorised parties.
What if you do not provide personal data?
You have certain obligations under our contract with you/your contract with us to provide certain data. This data will vary depending of the nature of the contract and project. If you do not provide required information this may hinder our ability to carry out our duties and provide the services requested.
Links to other websites.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. Please note however, once you have used these links to leave our website, we have no control over those other websites and cannot be held responsible for the protection and privacy they may or may not offer.
You can find more information about this subject at: www.ico.org.uk
If you require details of personal data which we hold about you this can requested by contacting us at: CDM (Scotland) Ltd, Luath House, 61 New Road, Ayr, KA8 8DA or by e-mailing [email protected].
If you believe that any data we hold for you is incorrect or incomplete this will be rectified on receipt of instruction from you. If you believe that we have not complied with your data protection rights, please contact us or the Information Commissioner’s Office.